Sunday 27 July 2014

Week 3 Recap




I have spent the last few weeks with my nose to the grindstone in the studio...lots of new mugs with surfaces created from the stones I picked up outside of Canmore, and I am now working on the surfaces of my new small sculptures!  

Even though I have been hard at work, I have taken time to enjoy my surroundings and the offerings of The Banff Centre.  

To the right, some photos from my little hike to 
'Surprise Corner', a little spot off the rode with great views of the Bow River rapids and the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.  As you can see, the baby in my belly is getting big!  

I also enjoyed a reading by Susan Orlean, non-fiction writer of The Orchid Thief, a Q&A with Susan and Ian Brown, a Dance Masters Performance by the ballet students studying here this summer, a free concert at the Whyte Museum, a viewing of the documentary Our Man in Tehran, with a Q&A session with Ken Taylor, his wife Pat, and a producer and director of the film, and a visiting artist talk/performance by artist Daniel Barrow.  So much great culture...I am trying to soak up as much as I possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment